Institute for New Music
The Institute for New Music organizes all study-relevant events in the field of New Music, from the supervision of individual students to collaborations between several classes, departments and other internal and external institutions. Special emphasis is placed on the cooperation between the instrumental and composition classes.
The Institute for New Music offers students and teachers the opportunity to experience the entire spectrum of contemporary music:
- Performers learn in theory and practice how to deal with music from the classical period of modernism to the present.
- The Ensemble for New Music at the Mozarteum develops the programs of the Doppler Concerts with students.
- The composition classes develop their works in direct exchange with ensembles of students as well as with proven experts.
- Renowned interpreters of New Music enrich the concert events at the Mozarteum with exclusive programs.
- Selected composers from Germany and abroad complement the educational program with presentations and seminars.
The Institute for New Music initiates and promotes in particular activities that go beyond the study program, in which it presents itself to the public with selected programs and participates in the international discourse with workshops, exchange programs and other initiatives.
International Master New Music (Bern - Dresden - Salzburg)
19.4.07:00 pmKleines Studio
Sweet Spot: Daniel Mayer in portraitLoudspeaker concertConcert· Free entry
Women's VoicesPresentation of works by female composers for classical guitar in solo and chamber music instrumentationConcert· Free entry (Opens in new tab)
Happy Birthday, György Ligeti! A 100-year CelebrationLecture & Concert: Presented will be not only the well known masterpieces with typical Ligeti sounds of the large ensemble works, but also many of his early works - songs and solo / chamber works in various styles.Concert· Free entry
26.5.07:30 pmKleines StudioDoppler 14Concert with the Ensemble for New Music of the Mozarteum University (conductor: Marino Formenti)Concert· Free
10.6.05:00 pmBösendorfersaalImagination - A concert of conversationStudents with Simone FontanelliConcert· Free