Lektor for organ
The profound education in the Postgraduate University Course Organ offers students a deepening of the artistic knowledge and skills acquired in the ordinary studies and the perfection of musical and instrumental skills. Performance opportunities at university concerts and events inside and outside Salzburg are part of the course.
2 semesters / 20 ECTS-AP
from February each year
to the dates
Summer semester of each year
to the dates
Admission to a Postgraduate University course (PGL) requires the closure of a subject-related master's or diploma degree at a recognized Austrian or foreign postsecondary educational institution in the respective central artistic subject. Admission with a pedagogical degree such as teaching or instrumental & vocal pedagogy is NOT possible.
A prerequisite for admission to a university course is also the successful completion of the admission examination. For this, an online registration is required first, during which the necessary documents are checked. An invitation to the admission examination will only be issued after the completely submitted documents have been checked.
ATTENTION: The examination of the documents of the preliminary studies can take up to 4 weeks! Early registration is therefore recommended.
Required documents for online registration
- Bachelor certificate and Master certificate or final certificate of an equivalent study program, if the study program has already been completed
- Current confirmation of enrollment, if the study program has not yet been completed (the transcript must be submitted by the time of enrollment!)
- Overview of subjects and grades of the BA and MA studies (Transcript of Records)
- Official confirmation of the main subject/instrument, if this is not evident from the other documents (e.g. "Bachelor of Music" is not sufficient!)
Form of documents
- The documents can be uploaded as PDF in the registration form.
- If the documents mentioned are not available in German or English, an official translation.
If you have received an invitation to the admission examination, you must perform an instrumental audition on site to determine your artistic aptitude. The program presented must include representative pieces from several styles or epochs for the respective instrument, taking into account the technical and stylistic diversity.
The following works are to be prepared:
- a trio sonata by J.S. Bach
- a representative work from the Romantic period
Dates & time schedule
The dates of the entrance examination as well as important deadlines can be found in the current schedule.
- Examination registration during the application period online via the registration portal for study applicants (ATTENTION: Registration only possible if documents are complete!)
- If documents are positively examined: Invitation to the admission examination on site
- Participation in the admission examination on site in May/June
- If admission examination is passed: Invitation to enroll in the course
- Enrollment during the general admission period
Deviating examination method
Please note that the University Mozarteum Salzburg offers various support options for the admission examination and during studies if you have a disability or a chronic illness.
The course basically includes 2 semester hours per week of tuition in the central artistic subject. In addition, electives and free electives can be taken. Performance opportunities at university concerts and events both inside and outside Salzburg are part of the course.
The duration of the course is 2 semesters. With the approval of the teacher in the central artistic subject and the vice rector for teaching, it is possible to extend the course by one or two semesters.
The final examination consists of the positive completion of the courses from the Central Artistic Subject. A final certificate can be issued on request.