Anna Maria Kalcher, Univ.Prof. Mag. Dr.
University Professor in Music and Dance Pedagogy
Deputy Head of Department for Music and Dance Pedagogy - Orff-Institute
- Frohnburgweg 55/II (Room: C02039)
- 5020 Salzburg
After training as a teacher of arts subjects in early years education she completed her studies to qualify as a teacher of music and dance with special subject guitar, graduating with distinction in 2004. She has many years of experience as a teacher trainer providing further training, both theory and practice.
She wrote her doctorate in the field of music pedagogy with a study on violence prevention and was also examined in her viva on education. For her outstanding achievement as a student she was awarded in 2007 the prize of honour of the Federal Minister of Science and Research. She is the first graduate to be awarded a doctorate at the Mozarteum University sub auspiciis praesidentis, the highest possible honour. Since 2007 she has been teaching in the departments of Elementary Music and Dance Education Theory, Music Education Theory and in a variety of seminars at the university. From 2008 to 2011 she was research asssociate, from 2011 Senior Scientist at the Mozarteum University specializing in the evaluation of universities of the arts.
In 2017 she was appointed professor of Elementary Music and Dance Education Theory at the Mozarteum University.
She is deputy head of the Department of Music and Dance Pedagogy – Orff-Institut, sits on numerous university committees and is a member of many relevant international associations. In 2019 she qualified as a university lecturer in music pedagogy after completing a thesis on creativity in relation to music.
Main focus of research and teaching
- Researching creativity
- Teaching and learning in artistic pedagogic fields of Elementary Music and Dance Educational Theory and also of Music Educational Theory
- Musical and socio-psychological topics
- Bio-psycho-social potential of music and movement/dance
- Evaluation research
Membership of committees at Salzburg Mozarteum University
- 2009 – 2013 Curriculum Board Arts Doctorate (2010-2013 deputy chair)
- 2011 - Subject group Pedagogy, Orff-Institut
- 2011 - Subject group Theory, Orff-Institut (head)
- 2012 – 2017 Evaluation circle of the Salzburg Mozarteum University
- 2016/17 - Curriculum board science doctorate
- 2017 - Curriculum board music and movement education
- 2017 - Research platform Music Education Theory
- 2017/18 - Working group on equality issues
- 2018 - Working group research
- 2019 - Senate
- 2019 - Curriculum board interuniversity doctoral program in science and art
- Working group Musikpädagogische Forschung Deutschland (AMPF)
- International Society of Music Education (ISME)
- Society for Education, Music and Psychology Research (SEMPRE)
- Musikpädagogische Forschung Österreich (MFÖ)
- Arbeitskreis Elementare Musikpädagogik (AEMP)
- Elementare Musikpädagogik-Arbeitsgemeinschaft, Ausbildungsstätten Austria (EMP-A)
- Internationales Orff-Schulwerk Forum (IOSF)
- Gesellschaft für Tanzforschung (GTF)