Barbara Haselbach, Univ.-Prof.i.R.
University Professor in music and dance educational theory
- Mirabellplatz 1
- 5020 Salzburg
- Dienstag, 10.30 - 12.00 Uhr
Born in Klagenfurt, Carinthia, Austria. Graduation diploma from the
Studies at the
Dance training at the Harald Kreutzberg Dance Academy in Bern, Switzerland. Continuation of studies in German language and literature and musicology at the University of Bern.
Intern at the newly founded Orff Institute of the University Mozarteum, concurrently studying music and teaching dance and children’s classes.
Assistant lecturer at the Orff Institute teaching in the areas of movement and dance technique, general studies in dance, dance ensemble, didactics and practice teaching. For many years teacher and director of summer courses at the Orff institute.
Promotion to University Professor in connection with holding the chair for the department of Didactics and Methods of Elemental Movement Education.
1979-1982 and 1986-1990
Director of the Orff Institute of the University Mozarteum.
Co-editor of the biannual magazine “Orff-Schulwerk Informationen.”
Director of the University course: “Advanced Studies in Music and Dance Education – Orff-Schulwerk”.
Director of the international symposium “The Inherent, The Foreign, In Common” corresponding to Carl Orff’s 100th birthday.
Editor and publisher of the biannual bilingual magazine “Orff-Schulwerk Informationen”
Lecturer at the Music and Therapy Course: “Musica, Arte y Proceso” in Vitoria, Gasteiz, Spain.
On the faculty of continuing education studies “Dance Culture” at the University of Bern, Switzerland.
Lecturer at the international College for Creative Pedagogy and Artistic Therapy in Calw (
Lecturer in the master’s degree program: Performance Studies at the University of Hamburg.
Lecturer at the Continous Education Programm “Tanzkunst in die Schule
Technical University Munich
Director of the International Symposium “In Dialogue” – Elemental Music and Dance Education in Interdisciplinary Contexts.
Editor along with Michaela Grüner and Shirley Salmon, of the documentation “In Dialogue”, Schott Music Education, Mainz, 2007.
In addition …
- Workshops and lectures in Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Columbia, Denmark, England, Finland, Germany, Greece, Honkong, Iceland, Italy, Luxemburg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Portugal, Russia, Slovenia, Slowakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay and the USA.
- Choreographies for stage, films and television
- Honorable membership in the American (AOSA), Spanish (Orff España), and Italian (OSI) Orff-Schulwerk Associations
- Award “PRO MERITO” from the Carl Orff foundation for many years of work in laying the foundations of Orff-Schulwerk.
- Chairwoman of the Orff-Schulwerk Forum for International Contacts
- Author and editor of several books and special issues of magazines, author of numerous articles in professional publications in several languages
Copyright © 1998, 2009 University Mozarteum Salzburg