Focus of work Salzburg music history
The working focus of Salzburg Music History has set itself the goal of making information on Salzburg's music history easily accessible through overviews and archival materials, and of updating this information on an ongoing basis. In addition, there are publications and numerous events such as workshops, symposia and guided tours, which are aimed not only at a specialist audience, but also at all interested parties.
Research focus Salzburg Music History
+43 676 88122 616
Hellbrunner Straße 53
Cooperation Partner in IE Wissenschaft & Kunst
Institute for Salzburg Music History at the Department of Music & Dance Studies (Paris-Lodron-University Salzburg)
The research focus Salzburg Music History, which has been located at the Department of Musicology of the Mozarteum University since 2014, is dedicated - as a successor to the research platform Salzburg Music History founded in 2011 - to the development of topics of Salzburg's music history in the network of sources, reception and interpretation in a variety of ways. It is cooperation partner of the Interuniversity Institution Science & Art and is dedicated in many ways to the development of topics from Salzburg's musical past and present - with events, research, holdings from Salzburg's music history and an extensive database. In cooperation with other Salzburg institutions or sponsored by public funds, further accents are set in the communication of Salzburg's music history (e.g., through symposia, exhibitions, discussion concerts) according to available resources.
The cooperation with the Research Institute for Salzburg Music History at the Paris Lodron University Salzburg is documented in the interest group Research Platform Salzburg Music History.
The main topics are:
- Older Salzburg music history in the Middle Ages and Renaissance
- Music life of the archbishop's residence in comparison with other Central European residences
- Role of music practice in diverse social classes and social communities such as monasteries
- Role of Salzburg as an intersection of Italian and Southern German-Austrian music culture until the beginning of the 19th century.
- Intensity and significance of musical life in the Biedermeier and Gründerzeit periods
- Salzburg's position in musical modernity and contemporary culture
- Local and international scope of the impact of W.A Mozart and the musical 'radiance' of Salzburg
- Aspects of dance history
- Developments of musical institutionalization and its interaction with the socio-economic framework in the city and the province of Salzburg
- Musical folk culture in the city and the province of Salzburg
- History of the University Mozarteum Salzburg including its predecessor institutions
21.4.03:00 pmFocus of work Salzburg music history
Guided tour of the rehearsal centre of the Salzburg LandestheaterFor the working focus on Salzburg music history, Ariane Rindle gives a guided tour of the rehearsal centre of the Salzburg Landestheater, concluding with a short visit to the rehearsal of the ballet ensemble under the direction of ballet director Reginaldo Oliviera.Leadership· Free entry (Opens in new tab)
27.1.03:00 pmOrff-InstitutFocus of work Salzburg music history
Guided tour of the Orff InstituteFor the working focus Salzburg Music History Anna Maria Kalcher gives a guided tour through the Orff Institute of the Mozarteum University.Leadership· Free entry
18.11.05:00 pmVilla VicinaFocus of work Salzburg music history
Leopold Mozart: chronicler and pioneerIn the context of the conference "Mozart arrangements in the 19th century"Book presentation - reading· Free
25.11.03:00 pmMarionettentheaterFocus of work Salzburg music history
Guided tour: Salzburg Marionette TheaterFor the work focus will be the artistic director of the puppet theater, Philippe Brunner,Leadership· Tickets