Department management / overall technical management / Lecturer for stage technology
The Department of Stage Equipment is the interface between art and technology. The highly qualified team supports students and teachers in the realisation of their artistic ideas.
In intensive teamwork between all those involved in the production (musicians, performers, direction, dramaturgy, stage design, technology), solutions for implementation are developed and realised. The central tasks of the Event Technology Department are to ensure the best possible results in rehearsals and performances, while complying with applicable standards and university guidelines. In cooperation with lecturers and students, the Event Technology Department teaches relevant technical regulations and the legal, technical and safety regulations relevant to events (such as the Event Act, Venue Regulations, Safety Guidelines, Fire Protection, etc.) in practical application. In addition, it is the point of contact for competent advice in the technical field and offers specialist advice on purchases made by the various departments with regard to event-related matters. Another central point is the training of apprentices (training as event technicians - event technology specialists).
The places of work include the venues and rehearsal stages of the University Mozarteum Salzburg as well as guest venues as required.
Areas of responsibility:
- Technical support for all kinds of university events
- Supervision of rehearsals and performances
- Production, construction and supervision of stage sets and technical implementation
- Stage and scenery equipment
- Creating lighting, sound and projection concepts and plans in consultation with the departments involved
- Planning and implementing special effects for performances
- organise, provide and check energy supply
- Knowledge and application of job-related hardware and software (operating systems, application programmes)
- Checking, repairing and maintaining all electronic devices and all equipment, operational facilities, technical operating and auxiliary materials
- Planning, supervision and implementation of guest performances